IRC meeting

Silvio Grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Mon Sep 27 22:29:35 CEST 2010

Hi everyone,

Sven Langkamp wrote:
> with the current way we would just put a Linux developer on Windows for
> three months and at the end he would probably switch back to Linux.

Ouch. I didn't know It was so time-consuming :-(
On the other hand, I was sure that every Linux developer would get back on
Linux :-)

As for me, actually, supporting Windows is NOT crucial.
On top of that, I am already 100% sure that it is much better to work on
Linux :-)

> When the project gets more popular, more people will be writing
> documentation and tutorials.

I totally agree ;-)

> We should work on that application that we want to create and not create
> something to get popular on all costs or just get more money from it.

Sure ;-)

> I think we should postpone everything till next year after the next Krita
> meeting (and maybe even after 2.4).

Well, It is probably a wise decision :-)
Or, at least, until a  really stable version is released and most Linux
Distributions include it (that is, without the "difficulty" to having to
install Krita from source).

> I think a good part should go into bug fixing and performance.

This is the by far the most important point!
At present, in my opinion, most efforts should be concentrated on fixing
bugs
As for me, Krita has already every feature I might ask for :-)

> Personally, I would love to see Krita being used for the blender open
> movie (Mango).

This would be quite simply.... magnificent  ;-)

Best regards,

Silvio