Usage of setCurrentNodeLocked()

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 27 21:38:51 CEST 2010

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 9:31 AM, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:

>  There is an other issue with systemLocked, it locks the entire layer,
> even if some area are now free for more processing. With a clever queue, it
> would be possible to know on which area an action needs to process. For
> instance, if we have a filter on the whole image and freehand stroke on a
> subpart of the image, as soon as the filter is finished with the subpart of
> the image, it will be possible to execute the freehand action, while the
> filter works on other area (and with a clever scheduler, you can give
> priority to that subpart).

This is not possible with current Krita architecture. The transaction is
created for entire paint device, not a part of it. Actually i don't know how
to gather undo information when there are several simultaneous transactions
possible on the same device.

>  Second point, actions queue is the best solution for collaborative
> editing, since it would make collaborative editing as easy as adding an
> action on the queue of the node as soon as it is received.

Yep, and mipmapping can be implemented on the top of it as well.

--
Dmitry Kazakov