2.3 docker layout proposal

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Sep 7 17:24:55 CEST 2010

On Tuesday 07 September 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday 07 September 2010 16:32:34 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > Finally, because we're not going to have the tool option docker fix that
> > was discussed on koffice-devel for 2.3, I'm strongly tempted to put the
> > tool option docker bottom-right, because it's impossible to have all tool
> > option widgets appear top-right.
>
> I prefer top-right. What bug do you refer to?
> I have all options visible. Transform tool has probably biggest option
> and I see everything no matter if bottom or top.

The problem is that Qt doesn't remember the position for the tool option widgets correctly. Which means that some are shown on top, and others at the bottom. A related issue, but not a bug, is that the vertical size of the option widgets varies, which means that having them on top moves all widgets around.

But for the record: yes, I really would prefer and want the tool options to be top-right.

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse