QtConcurrent mask procession - proof of concept

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 02:20:18 CEST 2010


I have made a proof of concept for using QtConcurrent in autobrush mask
calculation. This is just an experiment for now so it doesn't handle the
corner cases.

If you want to compare it in benchmarks, there is a define that will switch
between old and qtconcurrent code. The number of jobs can also be
configured. I did run KisStrokeBenchmark. On my i5 430 I got a speedup of
1.4 for 60px brush and 1.6 for a 500px brush. I would be very interested in
how it performs on other systems. Maybe you have an i7 or xeon :)

Patch is attached.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kimageshop/attachments/20101023/f632df12/attachment-0001.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: qtconcurrentmask.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 4403 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kimageshop/attachments/20101023/f632df12/attachment-0001.diff 

More information about the kimageshop mailing list