2.0.2 Slow and crashes, was Re: Crop external image.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Oct 14 21:45:41 CEST 2010

On Thursday 14 October 2010 09:50:47 John Culleton wrote:
> Is there a way to bring a CMYK PDF into Krita, crop it to a desired
> size, and then save it as a tiff?

OK Googled on crop and Krita and found that it needs a double click to
complete the crop. Easy but not intuitive for a Gimp user.

Now when I try to import a 15 x 12 inch pdf file and set the resolution
at 600 it loads dead slowly and sometimes crashes. I am using 2.0.2 on
Slackware Linux 13.0. Upgrading Krita means upgrading all of KDE and
that is so much work that it is easier just to install a new distro
somewhere on a spare partition. So what is recommended as a recent,
more or less crash proof Krita and what distro has it?
--
John Culleton, Wexford Press
"Create Book Covers with Scribus" $5.95 at

Free eps format barcode: http://www.tux.org/~milgram/bookland/