Comic Book Studio

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Sun Nov 7 10:12:19 CET 2010

On Saturday 06 November 2010, David REVOY wrote:
> - Split panels : A weird step to save memory, and split all the
> storyboard panels into singles files.
> - Clean layout : With Scribus , create the panels and the clean text ;
> in each panel import the pictures on the disk, linked.
> ... And of course work on each panel while updating on the Scribus layout.
Well it is actually the part of the process that gave me the idea :) I was
likely do I really have to manually cut my story board, and then to remerge
the whole things together by hand ?

> - Work on each panel separately allow to switch software easily ( all
> text / vector infos are done by Scribus , so Mypaint+Gimp+Krita+Alchemy
> can play with the raster panel pictures )
Yes, even if CBS would be fully optimized to work with Krita, and probably
highly dependent on it, it does not prevent to use other tools ! And that is
where things like OpenRaster would come into play in the future.

> PS :  Just as reference to see how other developers managed the problem
> of panel, here is a video [1] of the panel tool of Manga Studio ( witch
> is imo the most advanced digital tool for comic creation ). I know it,
> because here I have an unused license of the EX 3.0 I bought years ago.
>
> [1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMC20UvM0k&feature=related
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwMC20UvM0k&feature=related>

Cool video. Close to what I had in mind (not sure about the rasterize step, I
would try to keep the layout as long as possible).

--
Cyrille Berger Skott