Trouble with creating a benchmark

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Thu May 20 20:33:13 CEST 2010

On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 10:27 PM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 20 May 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
>
> > Hi, All!
> >
> > I wanted to add a benchmark for the stack recomposition process and i
> faced
> > with the problem. It randomly crashes in the end of the execution. More
> than
> > that, these crashes  happen in very strange backtraces like libc.so:free.
> It
> > looks like there are some threads still running on exit, but i can't get
> > what is happening. Could you help me with this? Or  maybe suggest some
> tool,
> > that can report me what are the treads doing?
>
> Hm... That's a difficult question. The  best tool seems to be helgrind
> (valgrind --tool=helgrind krita), but I don't actually know how to use
> that myself... When running krita with helgrind I do see a lot of errors.
> It might be easier to attach a breakpoint at the destructor of
> QApplication,
> run under gdb and check for running threads there.

Well, gdb reports running threads after the crash. And the backtrace looks
like the waiter object is not properly disconnected from the image and i
don't understand why. More that that, i don't understand why the
imageUpdated signal is emitted while the object is destroyed? Does KIsDoc
request update on exit?

--
Dmitry Kazakov