koffice/krita/image/filter

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Thu May 6 11:12:40 CEST 2010

On Thursday 06 May 2010, you wrote:
> The problem with COMPOSITE_OVER is that it is additive. So instead of
> copying the filter result to the paint device, it overlays it over the
> original. That yields incorrect results when then the alpha channel is not
> totally opaque.
How is that incorrect ? For me if the selection is not full, it is totally
normal that the filter got only "partially" applied. If the user want a full
application over that pixel, he would go and fully select that pixel (that is
what Gimp does, and it is how it works when painting (with a slight bug that
applies the selection twice...) ), otherwise I don't see the point of partial
selection.

--
Cyrille Berger