Patch for deleting tiles when commands are deleted from the undo stack

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sun Mar 21 14:36:44 CET 2010

On Sunday 21 March 2010, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Unfortunately, what you are describing seems to be very different, and I
> have never experienced it before :( And what I experience (and m4v too) is
> new after applying the patch.
I found the problem, I was misinterpreting leaking tiles information, so I
thought I add to force the removal of tiles from the hash, but it was wrong.
So here is an updated patch, without the bug. But memory is still increasing
beyond limits.

And I blame something in the recomposition, to check, here is what I do:
* create a new image 3000x3000
* add a new layer
* draw a gradient on the new layer
* mark it as visible/hidden multiple of times, see your memory usage growing

First, I thought it would be solved by my previous patch, because for some
reason I thought there was transaction created, but it appears it is not the
case. So now I am not too sure what is causing the problem.

That said, my patch brings an improvement, at least we are saving some memory
from the undo stack :)

--
Cyrille Berger