Photographic features and other non-paint features)

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Mon Mar 8 11:09:55 CET 2010

Hi,

> "Krita is a KDE program for sketching and painting, offering
> an end&#8211to&#8211end solution for creating digital painting files
> from scratch by masters."

If I draw something using a pencil I usually draw from a photo or some object. I think one of the advantages of programs like Painter is that it helps you because it makes it easier to trace the shape of something or create a rough sketch from which you can start working.

> And cloning might be very useful, but making it easy to create
> nice artwork from a photo is not what Krita is for. So for now,

I really love painter and one of the cool things about it is that it helps me to create artwork that I could not create without it. I did not study art, I never painted with real oil colors, but I can still do nice-looking artwork with painter. For me, tracing and cloning is very useful, not to create an exact copy, but as a starting point (like I sometimes use tracing when I draw with pencils). It's a pity that this is not Krita's goal, I guess I have to stay with painter then.

Greetings,
Michael