Photographic features and other non-paint features)

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at ph.tum.de
Mon Mar 8 10:21:38 CET 2010

Hi,

> Something like that would be useful, though creating a painting-like image from a photograph is not part of our vision.

I think it should be part of Krita's vision. Painter's clone feature makes it really easy to create nice artwork.

Here are some tutorials from Corel's webpage on how the clone feature works:

http://www.corel.com/img/content/community/tutorials/px/Beginner_Quick_Clone_feature.pdf
http://www.corel.com/img/content/community/tutorials/px/Itermediate_Clonning_landscape.pdf
http://www.corel.com/img/content/community/tutorials/px/Advanced_creative_with_brushes.pdf

This would make Krita really useful for a much broader range of people (most people are not able to create such paintings from scratch).

> That's already possible, though the feature is a little buggy you can have two or more views on the same image.

I don't suggest to have more then one view of a image (but that would also be useful), but to have more then one image open. This would also be useful without a clone feature, e.g. putting a photo of a still-life next to your painting. I don't think that SDI is that useful for that.

Greetings,
Michael