Wacom tablet does not work in Qt

Michael Thaler michael.thaler at physik.tu-muenchen.de
Sat Mar 6 08:53:02 CET 2010

Hi,

last week I got a Intuos graphic tablet (and Core Painter 11). The tablet
works like a charm with MyPaint, but it does not work with Krita (Lukas
reported the same problem in his blog).

I am using Debian SID with Qt 4.5.3.

$ dpkg -l|grep wacom
ii  xserver-xorg-input-wacom                0.10.3+20100109-1          X.Org X
server -- Wacom input driver

Qt 4.6 is in experimental and there are now semi-official KDE 4.4.1 packages. Do
you think that upgrading to Qt 4.6 / KDE 4.4.1 packages will fix the problem?
Is there another known workaround to get the tablet working (I am not going to
install another distribution...)

Thanks,
Michael