koffice/krita/ui/tests

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jun 22 16:01:06 CEST 2010

On Tue, 22 Jun 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:

> > pressing
> > possible.
> > >
> > > No, I wouldn't go for the big button. Other apps manage to work without a
> > big
> > > button, we must be able to find a way to do this right as well.
> >
> > I don't know about that either, but that's the way photoshop's transform
> > tool works : it creates a temporary copy of the selection, then the user
> > can work directly on this copy, which is degraded for each
> > transformation. When the user pushes a validation button, all the
> > transformations are reduced and applied to the original selection (to
> > have as little degradation as possible°;
> >

> That is exactly what i thought about! :)
>
> We do already have an overlay QImage, afair... But how will we deal with
> multilayer images? What if the tool is applied to the lowest layer?

We don't have an overlay QImage, but tools get a QPainter to paint their
decorations. The transform tool can use that. What I can conceive of is that
we paint the transformed content in a QImage on top of the image, even if
it comes from a lower layer, but that we show the image itself with some
transparency, to make clear it's a temporary display.

Boudewijn