Upgrade to 2.2.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jun 21 18:02:52 CEST 2010

<john at wexfordpress.com>wrote:
> > I have Krita 2.0.2 on my Slackware 13 Linux box. I would like
> > test Krita 2.2 but I don't want to upgrade the entire Koffice
suite. Is
> > there a way to get just the Krita source code?
>
> Yes, you can use ccmake after you installed and configure it to
compile
> only Krita. Instructions here:
> http://wiki.koffice.org/index.php?title=Build_KOffice
>
> --
>
> > John Culleton
> > Wexford Press
> > "Create Book Covers with Scribus"
> > Printable E-book 38 pages $5.95
> > http://www.scribd.com/doc/24676863/
> > http://www.booklocker.com/books/4055.html

If I understand you correctly the technique is to download the
entire suite but use ccmake to limit the build to just Krita. Sort of
like ordering a Martini when all you want is an olive.

Is this what the developers do?

The other graphics programs I use (Scribus, Gimp, Inkscape etc.)
aren't tied to a particular Office Suite in this manner. It would be
nice if there was a stand-alone variant of Krita that could be
worked on independently from the Koffice suite. Most of Koffice
(KWord, Kpresenter  etc.) is frankly junk. Open Office is better
program by program. But Krita is unique among Open Source
graphics programs.