Reentrancy problems in Krita code

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at
Thu Jun 3 09:17:38 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <> wrote:

> On Wednesday 02 June 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > Here is a small script for catching crashes. It stores the result in
> > ./crashReport file in the current folder.
> > As it can't catch "glibc memory corrupted" crashes, so they all go to
> > stdout.
> Hmmm... Does this show many different crashes, or are all the crashes the
> result of the same problem?
There are at least two left: in KoProperties and in KoColorSpaceRegitry.

Actually, Thomas said yesterday that KoLibs doesn't have any guarantees
about thread safety, so, i think, all the Ko* classes can cause some
problems and should be considered.

As for those two:
1) KoColorSpaceRegitry - i think adding a mutex is a must, because the
KoColorSpaceRegitry::instance() is a static variable and can cause problems
outside merge code even. So i'm waiting for Cyrille's word.

2) KoProperties - we can make a thread-safe wrapper like KisProperties and
guard it with a mutex.

Dmitry Kazakov