Krita stalls.

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Mon Jul 12 22:14:28 CEST 2010

On Monday 12 July 2010 13:40:20 LukasT.dev at gmail.com
wrote:
> On Monday, July 12, 2010 19:34:07 John Culleton wrote:
> > As just a test case I loaded a jpg of a photo. I applied
the
> > oilpaint  filter. The job took a long time to get to the
oilpaint
> > screen. I hit the apply button on that screen and the job
just
> > stalled.   Finally it delivered an image of just the top of
the
> > photo. Is this normal? Do I need to set a larger brush
size?

> > Krita 2.0.2
>
> Krita 2.0.2 is too old. Please try some newer version. Like
trunk or 2.2.x
> We did not spent time on optimizing the filters yet.
> There is plan for optimizing them with new API for version
2.3.

Unfortunately Krita is not available by itself. One has to
update the entire KDE package. This opens up the
possibility of undesired side effects. And it is a lot of work.

If there is a way to update Krita by itself then I would be
happy to do that. Otherwise I will wait for the next major
upgrade of my OS (Slackware) to get an update that won't
screw other things up.

You mention trunk. That usually means a development
version. I have some other programs that I update regularly,
like Scribus, using svn commands embedded in a script. If
that is available for Krita I would like to hear about the
details.
--
John Culleton
Wexford Press