Impasto discussion

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sat Jul 10 16:29:22 CEST 2010

On Friday 09 July 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>  The disadvantage was, as Dmitry notes, speed. Though at that time we had
> a paint device with an iterator for every painterly feature.
It would be possible to add channels to a color space. And since we have one
KoColorSpace instance per-paint device it is perfectly to add API for pigment
to support "dynamically" adding/removing channels. That said, since it
requires a bit of work, we would have to be sure that it is the right way to
go, by either testing the layer-approach, or creating a RGB-Impasto color
space (by forking the RGB8bits).

--
Cyrille Berger