wiki.koffice.org/krita > community.kde.org/krita

Jaroslaw Staniek staniek at kde.org
Fri Jul 9 17:04:15 CEST 2010

On 9 July 2010 13:06, Cyrille Berger <cberger at cberger.net> wrote:
> On Friday 09 July 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've been told at Akademy that the right place for a developer/community
>> scratchpad is community.kde.org, so I've moved our pages there. This also
>> has the advantage of being maintained by kde, plus it is easier to get an
>> account.
>>
>> Please consider wiki.koffice.org/Krita to be deprecated from now on, use
>> http://community.kde.org/Krita.
>
> Shouldn't we move the whole koffice wiki too ?

While there are advantages you pointed to, I also see now three
permanent usability problems: unlike on the original wiki, links are
not underlined by default and get nearly black colour and optically
it's even more a problem for 'visited' link colour. Also, width does
not resemble design of wikipedia, making it suboptimal for purposes of
'technical scratchpad'.
Also, mediawiki namespaces are disabled, so searching for "icons"
keyword but only for kexi is hard to perform.
Even if enabled, user would have to reset the namespace selection e.g.
to 'main' from 'kexi' when looking for kexi-related things and set it
again to 'main' when looking e.g. for akademy-related things.
These are my notes as mediawiki web sites admin.

--
regards / pozdrawiam, Jaroslaw Staniek
 http://www.linkedin.com/in/jstaniek