Impasto discussion

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 9 18:51:04 CEST 2010

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 07 July 2010, JL VT wrote:
>> As the attached diagram explains, when the user stacks many layers,
>> what's visible to him is the OVERLAP of the layer's colors, while,
>> intuitively, a stack of impasto layers should look like the SUM of all
>> the thickness in each layer.
>
> That's worrying me a bit, because I think that very soon when painting all
> pixels will have max height. I guess that's why Corel Painter only has one
> impasto layer.

Eh? Maybe you have a different version than I, but in mine, each layer
has its own impasto. (Yes, you can reach max height. Ideally we should
strive to avoid that, probably by using at least 16-bpp, maybe even f32,
at least in the composition step.)

--
Matthew
ENOWIT: .sig file temporarily unavailable