koffice/krita/image/recorder

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 26 08:06:11 CET 2010

On Tuesday 26 January 2010, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a bit wondering why the node is set in the settings, especially since
> it leads some paintop to use the node that is on the settings, instead of
> the paint device define in KisPainter, which seems wrong to me. Also,
> keeping a pointer to the node in the settings lead to a danger that a node
> that is not used anymore keep staying in memory.
>
> I investigate a bit, and the only reason I found for having the node in
> KisPaintOpSettings was caused by the filter brush, that need to know the
> color space to create filter configurations. But I could not find a good
> reason for KisPaintOpSettings::node(), so I am tempted to suggest removing
> that one, and keeping setNode as a virtual function (or rename it
> nodeChanged). Unless someone has a good reason ?

Hm, I remember there was a reason -- wasn't it that the node was different
from the actual paint device we gave the layer in the case of indirect
painting. But I see how this is going to be a problem for recording and
playback. We need to find a solution. I'm not sure whether/how long
KisPaintOpSettings as a class will stay around, though -- Sven?