RGB 16 bit as default when starting Krita

Martin Renold martinxyz at gmx.ch
Sat Jan 23 12:53:00 CET 2010

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 08:34:06AM +0100, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> I will write a longer explanation/answer on the two color spaces, but out of
> curiosity, did you do artwork with real-life painting before ? Or did you
> started with digital ? If you did started with digital, it would explain a
> bias toward sRGB painting.

You are probably right that my definition of "intuitive" is biased towards
digital painting and sRGB.  Most real-media painting I did was pencil (black
and white).  I am not painting very often (maybe three hours per month,
depending on what you call painting) and almost all if it starts digital.

Better try to get the oppinion of the artists who paint daily and work with
many different media.  But I would be surprised if those who tried all
variants agree about which one is the most intuitive.

And a related note, I don't think it is a defect when digital painting works
different from real media.

--
Martin Renold