Krita User Manual

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 00:37:41 CET 2010

On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 10:37 PM, Mag. Leonhard Landrock <1977-Hamlet at gmx.at
> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> Today I added one page to the user manual. Maybe one native speaker can
> check
> the spelling.  ;-)
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/Krita/Manual/ImportExport
>
> I hope I find enough time to continue my work. But let us see ...

Thanks for starting on the documentation. Spelling looks ok, but I'm not a
native speaker either.

There are some technical mistakes though:

Import and load are not the same, as are save and export.
If you "open" an image, the image will be pointing to the file you opened.
With import the image will not point to the file you imported.
So if you if you "open" a file foo.kra, make some changes and press "save"
the changes will be saved to saved to foo.kra
Instead if you "import" foo.kra, make some changes and press "save" you will
get a dialog asking for a file name to save to.

The case with save and export is similar. If you load a image foo.kra and
save it as foo2.kra, then you continue to work in document foo2.kra.
If you export it you are still working in image foo.kra and foo2.kra will
stay in the state that your image had when you exported it.

For the fileformats: Which fileformats are available depends on what Krita
filters are built. So your Krita is likely not build with openexr, so you
are missing the exr filter.
Also the Krita till version 2.1 needs graphicsmagick for some filters, while
from 2.2 these are delivere with Krita.

You see it's good that you started on that part on the documentation.