paintopsettings refactoring

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Tue Jan 19 08:44:54 CET 2010

On Tuesday 19 January 2010, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:

> Ok, so now spray reads the settings just once. I'm creating class with
> public members and I'm trying to save memory so I use quint16 when I know
> that int is waste etc. Just some little saving of memory :)

Don't be too sure of that: unless you place the quint16's in the right place
in your class definition, you won't save any memory because of alignment.

> I made new measurement but now I'm interested in the optimization potential
> as well :) I got feeling that spray is slower then it used to be :( I
> don't know why.

The default seems to me to be quite as fast as ever, but it's really easy to
find settings that make krita unresposnive.

> Would you help me to optimize it? I don't see where I can do something
> about it. KisDataManager creates the temporary paintops? Or pigment?
>
> BTW which view in kcachegrind do you use to see it?
>
> http://lukast.mediablog.sk/callgrind/spraybrush-19-01.out.tar.gz

I'm on the train now, so I cannot check it. Btw -- have you made sure you
compiled in release mode before profiling?