30-bit displaying with Krita?

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Fri Jan 8 12:36:29 CET 2010

On Fri, 8 Jan 2010, Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:

> >> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 12:46:17 +0100
> >> Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 13:01:27 +0000
> >> From: Adrian Page <adrian at pagenet.plus.com>
>
> > Just avoid
> > http://doc.trolltech.com/4.6/qglformat.html#alphaBufferSize
> > and let Qt figure out how to initialise the context. This works pretty
> > flawless with the applications I tested on top of FLTK.
> >
> >> Note that only graphics cards supporting 30-bit mode will allow you to
> >> create a 30-bit context, so this will be difficult to test.
> >
> > If you can point me to a small example, I would be glad to test that for you.
>
> Today I stumbled over qtdemo (from libqt4-devel-doc-4.5.3-3.4.2.x86_64
> RPM). All seems fine with the examples including the OpenGL ones.

Adrian investigated the Qt source and came to the conclusision that just
setting the right datatype would indeed be enough. I'm not sure whether
he's making the change, or whether I'm going to do it this weekend, but
it'll be done.I'm even beginning to think that we might want to make the
opengl canvas the default, since it even works on my low-end laptop these
days, and it's nice, smooth, fast and has a couple of compelling features.

Boudewijn