IRC MEETING about plans for 2011

Silvio Grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Dec 24 14:02:25 CET 2010

Hi everyone,

> I would like to have an irc meeting

Thanks.
Count me in :-)

>  to improve the crop tool...

More precisely, in my honest opionion, using the Krita's crop tool is not as
fast, as workflow, as the one available for Gimp (and Darktable).

With Gimp, in essence:
1. you select the crop tool (or you press Ctr+Shift+C as shortcut on
Windows);
2. the crop tool is applied on the border of the image (with Krita, on the
contrary, it is floating on the centre of the image: THIS is my major grudge
against it);
3. On top of that, with Gimp the borders of the crop tool are more easily
draggable than the ones available for Krita (thanks to Martin Nordholts
work).
On Krita, in short, you are "forced" to select one of the little squares:
but here I am probably nit-pickinging a bit :-)

Point 2 is the one which is the most "annoying" in that, with Krita, you are
often forced to move all 4 borders in order to crop your image (this even
though you want to crop only one border of your image).
With Gimp, when you want to crop one  border of your image  you only need to
drag the corrisponding crop tool border.

In essence, in my view, the workflow for cropping images with Gimp is
faster.

This being explained, it is CLEAR that everyone must agree about my
suggested "improvement"
I am not a software designer and, maybe, my suggestion is not that good :-(
We should ask Peter Sikking (or Celeste Lyn Paul) :-)

See you next week on the IRC ;-)

P.s: in the meantime Merry Christmas to all Krita developers and users.

Silvio