Comic Book Studio

Cyrille Berger Skott cberger at cberger.net
Thu Dec 2 18:40:00 CET 2010

On Thursday 02 December 2010, Francisco Fernandes wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> Once in a while, I do amateur animations using Krita and
> Pencil<http://www.pencil-animation.org/>
> and a storyboard/timeline program was one of my desires (*although*
> I'm not a "state of art" animator). A storyboard feature like this would be
> really
> useful for a reasonable range of situations, not just for comic books. :)
Yes, but I have to say, making a generic story board tool is not something
easy (nor something I aim at), more on this at the end of the email.

> So I volunteer to help the best way I can for this feature.
All help is appreciated :)

> Cyrille, there are others references besides Manga Studio and TBO?

There is "Celtx", which is aimed at story board creation. I think it is mainly
intended for movies (whether cartoon or "real" movies). They have a "comic
book" mode, but it sucks. I think the reason is that a story board for a comic
and for a movie is something rather different. Mostly because for a movie, the
box is fixed, and you will only do a few frame, while for a comic, the size
and shape of the box is part of the story.

That said, there are common points, and I can see the possibility of a library
that would allow the creation of a tool for movies as well :)

--
Cyrille Berger Skott