KisLayerTest in hellgrind

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Dec 1 19:30:42 CET 2010

On Wednesday 01 December 2010, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > We have random failure of the KisLayerTest, and I am wondering if it is not
> > associated with some of the random crash we have in krita. Following Mark's
> > suggestion on IRC I ran helgrind on KisLayerTest (running it on krita is
> > impossible), and I get the following errors. I hope someone (ie Dmitry :D)
> > can
> > figure out something out of it.
> >

> Hm.. i will try to reproduce this crash.

It's more than a crash: helgrind clearly shows we have some issues in the threading code for the projection calculation. Whether or not you can actually reproduce the crash isn't that much of an issue, as long as we can make the layer test run cleanly under helgrind :-)

> But it'll happen in the beginning
> of the next week. I have to do some stuff for the university right now.

I think that means that we should wait with the RC until you've had time to look at the issues. To me, this is clearly a release blocking issue.

Ceterum censeo lapsum particulorum probae delendum esse