Critical issues for 2.3

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Mon Aug 9 11:23:18 CEST 2010

On Monday 09 August 2010, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> ############### The convolution code is broken
>
> I.e., unsharp mask crashes. Could this be because of the lcms2 engine? In
> any case, we need to be able to blur in 2.3, in one way or another.
> Blurring is the most important adjustment we need to support.
I find that unlikely for two reasons, convolution code does not use anything
in lcms, and it crashes too with lcms1 engine (yeah I had to revert to the old
plugins).

I also noted artefacts with bluring, around the 512 border, sounds suspicious
to me. Also bluring fails with transparent area (I think it worked in 2.2 but
my 2.2 build is broken, so I can't check).

> ############### OpenGTL
>
> If I understand correctly, current opengtl trunk works with llvm 2.7, which
> is a requirement to get opengtl into distros like Fedora and OpenSUSE.
> However, OpenGTL trunk doesn't work with Krita. I guess I can help here,
> if Cyrille can give hints on what needs to be ported.
Actually, there is OpenGTL 0.9.14 that builds with llvm 2.7 and works with
krita/trunk (same API as 0.9.13).

> ############### Failing unit-tests
>
> I think we have regressed considerably here over the summer:
ouch, I think we need to be more careful with that :(

However, I noted a significant difference with the result obtains in:
http://www.koffice.org/testresults/status.html I need to check update my
koffice to see if I get the same results as you.

> Anything else?
The pigment tests are actually lcms2 issues. As is 247037. But in case those
issues are not solves we will ship with only lcms1 color engine, so nothing to
worry too much about.

--
Cyrille Berger