Fleshing up a post-GSoC proposal to improve Krita

JL VT pentalis at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 21:03:05 CEST 2010

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:22 PM, Silvio Grosso <grossosilvio at yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Lukas wrote:
>> I'm not sure if anybody would sponsor you so that you could learn
>
> Yes. I think this is the whole truth :-(
>
>> I think you need to spent more time with us and show us what you are
>> capable of ;)
>
> This would be great. Just improving a little bit your Google's summer work
> would be enough :-)
>
>> Nobody will sponsor you for learning the things (except Google Summer Of
>> Code :)
>
> Yep. But I have read Google earns something as 4.5 billion of dollars every
> year :-)
> On top of that, I think Google uses the Google summer of code to attract
> possible future employees.
> Needless to say, when you do a summer of code you are sure to be listed in
> their databases :-)
>
> P.s: this year, for me, it has been a great pleasure reading all students'
> blogs, concerning their summer of code :-)
> Everyone has showed to be really talented :-)
>
> Best regards,
>
> Silvio

You (both) are right, on hindsight I'd say my original letter was
quite naive. After I sent it I was actually a little scared of
angering somebody, but I preferred to have something to regret having
done than not having done.

LukasT:
> Boudewijn started to write the manual for users (wohoo).
> You might want to
>contribute to his work?

I will look into that!.

LukasT:
>Make it short:
>Stay with us for a longer time, e.g. come to the sprint, show >the community
>what you are capable of, buy us some beers and you might be sponsored
>developer in few years! Nobody will sponsor you for learning the things
>(except Google Summer Of Code :)
>
>Just my 2 cents and 1 Euro :)

<grin />  That would be fun to do, though difficult to make happen.
But if I manage to go one day, Boud will have to make sure to hold an
RPG table, right, right?  :D   (just joking, but that'd be great).

Needless to say I'm going to take this fine advice and stay around,
there's much to share and work to do.

And many thanks for these good spirited answers, this welcoming
environment is what I think is Krita's greatest strength, you can't go
wrong with that!.

~Pentalis.