Optimizing spray&memory swapping

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 17:31:53 CEST 2010

On Friday 23 April 2010 10:02:19 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> es you have to resolve the crash. currently the output only show memory
> usuage in the init. There is a kde application to read massif outputs [1].
> I  did not tried it. Basically the text output is a stacktrace that shows
> where memory has been allocated.
>
> [1] http://opendesktop.org/content/show.php?content=122409

Ok, I resolved the crash, here is up-to-date patch [1] and still too much
memory is allocated. Massif output is here [2].

Before I used FillPainter->begin(), now I avoid that. I just create
KisFillPainter on device.

Dmitry, related question, when I call KisPainter->begin(device), then I should
call end()? It is not documented well. What I suppose to do with the @return
of the end()? E.g. I don't care about transaction, I just want to reuse
KisPaintDevice. Should I call delete KisPainter::end()?

I created massif profiling. I compiled sucessfully the app before. I used git
repositary. Boud, I got segfault only when I was trying to open tar.gz massif
output. Otherwise ok [3].Massif is cool. Also the visualizer.

Something is wrong with KisPaintDevice::clear() from the output. Am I right?
1.2 Gb allocated..something is fishy but I don't see what :/ Do you?

[1] http://lukast.mediablog.sk/patches/reuse-kisPaintDevice.2.patch
[2] http://valdyas.org/~lukast/benchmark-massif.tar.gz
[3] http://imagebin.ca/view/0QuWFH.html