KDE 4.4.1 on Windows: first impressions

silvio grosso grossosilvio at yahoo.it
Fri Apr 16 16:47:21 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I have followed the link on the Krita's web-page and I have downloaded KDE 4.4.1 (the latest stable version).
I have installed it on Windows Xp professional (sp3).
There was no need to have any privilege as adminstrator to install it.
The installation has been really easy and everything works as expected.

At present, I have a new folder named "KDE" of around 700 Mb.
In the end, I have been confirmed that both Krita and KOffice are not available on Kde 4.4.1.
On the other hand, I am trying DigiKam 1.1 (instead of Picasa 3.6).
I even discovered a new software, namely, KolourPaint.
This one is quite similar to the new version of Paint, available on Windows 7 :-)

To sum up, in my honest opinion, next year (2011), it would be much better to have a "real" stand-alone installer.
I am sure Krita 2.4 (or 3?) version deserves it :-)
In essence, no need to install all the KOffice suite and the whole caboodle.

For the time being, as already explained over and over, there are other MUCH more important priorities :-)
On top of that, as for me, I will be really happy to test Krita 2.3 on Linux (Kubuntu) :-)

Best regards,

Silvio