Krita and MyPaint: differences between their goals

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Sun Apr 11 19:04:57 CEST 2010

On Sunday 11 April 2010, Silvio Grosso wrote:
> Hi Boud,
>
> > MyPaint has one brush engine, Krita close to a dozen.
>
> WOW. Not even a Ferrari has so many engines :-)
Yes but there are many overlaps, and brush engine that have comparable
features. For instance, I don't see why the "soft brush" is a seperate paintop
instead of being one of the possible brush used by the "brush" engine. I think
we lack a clear definition of what should be an engine, and what should be a
brush.

--
Cyrille Berger