Get Hot New Stuff in Krita/KOffice

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Thu Apr 8 09:37:46 CEST 2010

Yesterday I followed the excellent techbase instructions and added GHNS
download and upload to Krita. There are a couple of issues I didn't manage to
solve or that might be unavailable though:

Apparently there can be only one knsrc configuration file per application,
which means all resource types and all their subcategories are in one huge
flat list.

In Krita and KOffice we have a lot of different types of resources we'd like
to share and which go into different resource directories. Those resources are
partly specified in the Create resources spec
(http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/index.php?title=Shared_resources&oldid=313)
and partly app-specific. Examples are brushes, brush presets, patterns,
palettes, backgrounds, templates.

These resources can be categorized, and we're working on tagging
(http://create.freedesktop.org/wiki/ResourceTagging). So, when showing the
GHNS dialog for brush presets, we'd like to only show the presets for the
current brush engine, and then categorized using tags like 'natural', 'weird',
'wet' -- etc.

In the upload dialog, I'd like to be able to set not just the url and the
name, but also the category and the preview image programmatically. Did I miss
api for that?