gsoc: colour choosers

Adam nospam at xibo.at
Thu Apr 1 11:46:38 CEST 2010

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 19:04:14 +0200, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>
wrote:
>> III) TIMELINE
>
> Do we need to work on this some more?
Here is a first draft, please comment..
whole document: http://xibo.at/meine/gsoc_colour_chooser.odt

===========================
III) TIMELINE
I have my last exams around 1. July, so until then I won't be able to code
full time, but I have included preparation work in the schedule, that is
before that date and I will certainly do at least a few hours work.
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|24 May        |Read documentation, learn more about colour spaces,
introduce myself to pigment.|
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|30 May        |Outline algorithms for drawing selector, shade selector
(MyPaint), for computing|
|              |shade patches and common
colours.                                               |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|06 June       |Implement all widgets with dummy graphics, so artists will
be able to comment on|
|              |the usability
etc.                                                              |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|12 June       |Implement saving and loading of
settings                                        |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|12 - 16 July  |Mid Term
evaluation                                                             |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|20 July       |Implement all the functionality from
[1].                                       |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|27 July       |Implement shade selector
(MyPaint)                                              |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|30 July       |Implement shade and colour
patches                                              |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|02 August     |Implement colour palette with GHNS
integration                                  |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|09 August     |Fix bugs, write
documentation                                                   |
|--------------|--------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|09 - 16 August|Pencils
down                                                                    |

Additionally I have to say, that i won't be much online until sunday,
because i'm packing now for visiting my family in poland and after that i
won't be online at all, because i'm going on a motorcycle trip to
Constanta.

So have a good time and good luck to the other gsoc applicants..

thanks, adam