whither krita -- summary

Sven Langkamp sven.langkamp at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 18:25:36 CEST 2009

On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Thursday 24 September 2009, Sven Langkamp wrote:
>
> > I think we should keep the layer/new just to keep it consistent. There
> are
> > even more option than in the layerbox.
>
> That's why I wanted to keep the options below the separator, they aren't
> elsewhere.
>
> > I would keep remove and properties too for completeness. Hide/show should
> > go.
>
> But esp. properties is buggy: it doesn't work the same way as in the
> layerbox.
> So instead of trying to fix the stupid bug, I'd like t
>
> > I agree that raise, lower, top, bottom waste much space there, we could
> >  move them to a seperate submenu (or remove).
>
> These are in the layer box, so I want to remove them.

If you apply the same to the mask menu and remove everything that's in the
layer box only mirror horizontal and vertical would be left.

> > Same for scale, mirror, rotate and shear. These would fit into a
> > Transformation submenu.
>
> Ok -- but I'm not sure we can add a submenu at this time, since that needs
> new string.

Right we either have to keep that till the string freeze is over or use an
existing string. We have "Transform" as translated string in the
transformation tool can we use that in an action too?

> > Flatten image should be in image, I think.
>
> Didn't we discuss this before?

We did, but didn't draw a conclusion.