Whither Krita?

Gaizka sinozzuke at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 17:20:44 CEST 2009

2009/9/24 Boudewijn Rempt <boud at valdyas.org>
On Thursday 24 September 2009, Gaizka wrote:

Hi Gaizka! Glad you've found your way from bugzilla to our mailing list!

> I think there is no reason for differentiation. Many programs looks like
> each other. Krita is a raster image manipulation software, very nice,
> confortable, with a lot of options. I'm happy of get a QT program so
> promising like Krita. For me, Gimp is great, but lacks in high end
> proffesional image editing. The interface is unconfortable, confusing.
Gimp
> is like the defunct "image ready" graphics for web.

It took a while before I got that reference!

Sorry Boudewijn I perhaps may say "Adobe Image Ready" or "Macromedia-Adobe
Fireworks". But think Fireworks it's a great program, easy of use,
intuitive... I was using it since Macromedia boom at 99. ;)

> It's image scaling is
> awfull, lot of pluggins and effects works,but not efficiently. For me is a
> mess (and is like a toy may be).

> Think Krita must be a raster image program well designed, and professional
> for real work, in pre-press, in web, in post-production and in photography
> retouching, not forgetting than amazing brush tools for matte paiting
> artists :)

that's a whole bunch of new use-cases :-).

Yes it's a whole bunch of new uses... but aren't we discuting where to go
with Krita? That is a great goal :)

Greetings!