No subject

Wed Sep 23 01:59:20 CEST 2009

gonna fill 'em itself before Krita 2 is stable enough to be used...  The
Gimp already has relatively decent colour space support, and it sounds like
higher bit depth support is coming down the pipes.

Maybe it won't have quite as flexible a brush model as Krita --- but is that
a sufficient differentiator?

I'd be curious as to what people think the 'mission statement' for Krita
ought to be.

Or maybe that was already established and I missed it in my skim of the
thread...

Warren

--
Warren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist
http://www.synergisticimages.ca

--001485f5b0c0b640a60474458a47

jn Rempt <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:boud at valdyas.org">boud at val=
=3D"border-left: 1px solid rgb(204, 204, 204); margin: 0pt 0pt 0pt 0.8ex; p=
adding-left: 1ex;">
So -- what is the story about Krita? What can make Krita compelling to the<=
br>
artist? I think it makes sense to individually identify why we are personal=
ly<br>
working on Krita and what we want to get out of it in the first place, and =
to<br>
use that to develop a vision for Krita that we can work towards.<br>
 I only skimmed it.<br><br>I didn&#39;t see a lot of direct answers to this=
 question though --- what is Krita&#39;s reason for being? =A0 What will di=
fferentiate it from things like Gimp or MyPaint<br>
geted to fill those gaps.<br><br>From my position on the outside, it really=
 looks to me like the Gimp is gonna fill &#39;em itself before Krita 2 is s=
table enough to be used...=A0 The Gimp already has relatively decent colour=
 space support, and it sounds like higher bit depth support is coming down =
the pipes.=A0 <br>
t is that a sufficient differentiator?<br><br>I&#39;d be curious as to what=
 people think the &#39;mission statement&#39; for Krita ought to be.<br>
rren Baird - Photographer and Digital Artist<br><a href=3D"http://www.syner=
gisticimages.ca">http://www.synergisticimages.ca</a><br>

--001485f5b0c0b640a60474458a47--