Forum for users

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 19:42:37 CEST 2009

> What about starting with a single krita forum on kde/forum and expand it
>  later when the need comes ?
It does not work this way. You have to create something for users first. At
least that's my opinion.

 > If you look at amarok forum on forum.kde [1], you will see they have a very
> complex one.
Yep, that looks good.

But I still don't know if our users always comes from KDE and maybe they want
to identify themselves as Krita users&artists.

>That vision is not too complicated for a forum to be created here, however
>please note that we have disabled attachments due to security concerns so
>users would have to use external sites such as Picasaweb, or Imageshack.
Maybe they could allow png, jpg and gif mimetypes for us at least?

>Note however that an official KOffice forum already exists so a seperate forum
may
>be a clash?
I don't think so, what KOffice says?

>Also, "News & Discussion", "Website & Forum" and "Tutorials" conflict with
>already established forums here ( Feedback & Questions, Discussions &
Opinions
>and Tutorials & Tips ) so probably wouldn't be needed making the plan more
>simple. Contests could also be part of the "Discussions & Opinions" umbrella.
>
>I am also concerned with the "Forum Gallery" concept, as we try to not make
>staff appear to be too special in any way. Perhaps a community driven vote?
There could be differences between KDE community and Krita community I think.
So maybe also this point leads me to create separate forum... I don't know if
subforum on big forum separate people and stuff enough...

I'm sure that separate forum would be cooler, but we don't have people for it.
That's why we consider KDE forum right? And they also would bring many nice
features...

I proposed to take "forum administration" for some time period. But I want
rather develop Krita.

Your opinions?