Forum for users

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 18:48:21 CEST 2009

On Monday 21 September 2009 09:46:57 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Sep 2009, LukasT.dev at gmail.com wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I plan to run forum for krita users and artists at www.krita2d.org/forum.
> >
> > Here is first draft heavily inspired by blenderartists and gimptalk
> > http://www.krita2d.org/test/krita2d.org.htm
>
> I think it looks good!
>
> > If you want any other section, tell the reasons and I will add it there.
> > I plan to setup phpBB for it. I tried to contact KDE Forum but I think
> > our forum is too complex to be part of KDE forum although I would love to
> > use their features and their admins and support..
>
> No answer yet?

here it is:

Hi Lukas,

I am indeed an administrator of the KDE Community Forums.

That vision is not too complicated for a forum to be created here, however
please note that we have disabled attachments due to security concerns so
users would have to use external sites such as Picasaweb, or Imageshack.

Note however that an official KOffice forum already exists so a seperate forum may
be a clash?

Also, "News & Discussion", "Website & Forum" and "Tutorials" conflict with
already established forums here ( Feedback & Questions, Discussions & Opinions
and Tutorials & Tips ) so probably wouldn't be needed making the plan more
simple. Contests could also be part of the "Discussions & Opinions" umbrella.

I am also concerned with the "Forum Gallery" concept, as we try to not make
staff appear to be too special in any way. Perhaps a community driven vote?

Regards,
Ben Cooksley