Whither Krita?

enki enkithan at free.fr
Sun Sep 20 19:01:59 CEST 2009

Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Saturday 19 September 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
>
>> I've just read the thread...
>>
>> *for Cyrille:*
>> About filter-based approach that Gimp uses...
>>
>> I've thought about something like that for Krita recently. And i've got the
>> following idea:
>>
>> All the actions on the image (except of painting) could be based on adj.
>> layers. E.g. if you want to change the size of the image (or switch to a
>> different colorspace), you can just add a proper layer into the stack. If
>> you do not want to have an additional layer, you can merge it down.
>>

> Fix the transformation mask, and you're almost there :-).

What about improving the Image/Krita shape ? We can already do
non-destructive transformations with it. And it gives us many things for
free, like snapping/align/geometry features :). The only problem I see
is that it can only use external files. If we could embed an image, or
convert a layer to an image shape, it would be perfect.