Whither Krita?

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Wed Sep 16 17:34:56 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 16. September 2009 15.44.17 Cyrille Berger wrote:
> On Wednesday 16 September 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> > > Yes that's a problem, we can't associate Q/KAction to tools since
> > > then that means you can't type a text in a text shape (if you have
> > > single letters associated to tool). So we would need a way to insert
> > > the tools in the shortcuts editor (this probably needs change in
> > > KShortcutsDialog).
> >
> > If we don't use QAction/KAction, but make the freehand tool react
> > directly to single letter commands we should be able to gain a lot.
> > Like:
>
> yes but we lose configurability, which is the problem.

you can have configurability without the actions.
I think it would be a good idea to have a (koffice wide?) GUI that allows the
setting/getting of the configuration keys.
The KoToolFactory::setShortcut(const KShortcut & shortcut)
would have to be made public, but it should be pretty trivial to make a nice
GUI that finds all the tool factories and shows their shortcuts, allowing the
user to change them.

I would even say its a great little isolated projects that we could turn
into a junior job or something like that.

Anyone up for mentoring that?
--
Thomas Zander