Problems with "embedded" transparency masks onto adj. layers

Cyrille Berger cberger at cberger.net
Fri Sep 11 12:55:30 CEST 2009

On Friday 11 September 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Please, do me a favour and check out 1.6. You'll see that the selection
> brush paints on selections, and it doesn't paint squares. We've got a bug
> here, but I still don't believe in an enormous design issue.
I did some testing, for me the "brush op", "indirect painting", "composite
over" combination works fine. What doesn't seem to work is the opacity settings
though.
"brush op", "direct painting", "composite over" do work, and opactiy is taken
into account

But "brush op", "direct painting", "composite erase" or "eraser op" doesn't
work, they give the invert result. Which leads me to believe the "composite
erase" op of the alpha colorspace is broken.

> > And the fact that IndirectPainting simply CAN'T be applied to selections
> > speaks for that.
>
> Indirect painting has only one goal to avoid making the brush stroke darker
> when you go over a spot several times in the same stroke. That isn't very
> relevant for selections
Actually it is, if you draw at opacity 50%.

--
Cyrille Berger