tile engine for 2.1

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Wed Sep 9 18:26:35 CEST 2009

On Thursday 03 September 2009, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am going to remove Bart's tile engine from svn since he indicated that
>  that was obsolete. But can we use Dmitry's tile engine as the default, at
>  least during the beta and rc period for 2.1, or is it not mature enough?
>  I'm afraid that if we don't it will never mature and will suffer the same
>  fate as Bart's engine.

I finally managed to run our unittests with the new tile engine. I see that
there are still quite a few regressions, just in krita/image

          4 - krita-image-KisPaintDeviceTest (Failed)
          8 - krita-image-KisIteratorTest (Failed)
         30 - krita-image-KisCropVisitorTest (Failed)
         61 - krita-image-KisPerspectiveMathTest (Failed)
         74 - krita-image-KisTransformWorkerTest (Failed)

(of course, there are still too many tests failing even with the stable tile
engine, I'm once again looking into that.)