Tool overlay and cursor shapes

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 6 10:47:05 CEST 2009

> > > That is still a concern.
> >
> > Any chance to test this patch through beta stages and revert if it shows
> > performance problems?
> I leave that decision to Boudewijn :)

Of course the last word is for Boudewijn, but i vote for joining prescaled
projection's buffer and canvas' one. This will lead to some changes in
canvas architecture, but it'll create really good, clear, easy to understand
system.

> > > What's wrong with the black&white lines solution ?
> >
> > I really think that some composite operation is better because it can
> help
> > you identify e.g. the borders of some area you paint. You can see on the
> > outline where is different colour. Black and white just covers part of
> the
> > image.
> >
> > Second argument is pure subjective -- it is ugly :)
> since xor is ugly as well...

For me Xor is not so ugly as two pixel heavy lines. More than that, this is
the way other editors work. That's why i'm for xor, but with clear system.

--
Dmitry Kazakov