Selections on the Adjustment layers

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 19:27:13 CEST 2009

On Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 9:57 PM, Dmitry Kazakov <dimula73 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > At the moment you have an adjustment layer with an editable selection. If
> > you remove the selection you can't edit the adjustment layer itself
> anymore
> > (except changing the filter),
>
> I don't see any useful usecase of that, do you?
>

> > but would have to use a seperate mask for the
> > same effect.
>
> I guess the mask is more obvious [for a user]. One object - one
> activity, that's like a unixway, right?

Well, just for history reasons. We discussed it on irc and came to the
following:

1) Masks have a selection showing where to apply filter to.
2) They can't have a child, so they can't have a transparency mask to
replace selections.
3) Adj. layers should work like adj. masks, so they should have a selection.

It creates a bit of redundancy: selection / transparency masks are
interchangeable.
Unixway. =)

--
Dmitry Kazakov