Bugzilla compents

Thomas Zander zander at kde.org
Thu Oct 15 20:31:32 CEST 2009

On Thursday 15. October 2009 19.58.46 Sven Langkamp wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I discussed this on IRC and it was suggested to dicuss it on the
> mailinglist.
>
> Currently we have quite a few components for Krita in bugzilla and most
> aren't used:
> https://bugs.kde.org/component-report.cgi?product=krita
>
> I would like to add a new component "stylus" or some similar name for
> everything related to tablets.

components tend to be about a module or plugin or a library, which krita now
does quite nicely.
The 'stylus' idea looks like it will cause problems as one bug can only have
one component and I can very well imagine a bug to both be a 'stylus' bug
and a 'tools' bug. Or maybe a 'stylus' bug and a 'canvas' bug.

So this suggestion may not end up the way you want it to.

> That would have the advantage that someone
> without a tablet (like me) doesn't have to look through all the tablet
> bugs.

Maybe you can add a comment instead? Or change the subject?

> I think the should remove "transform" which isn't used anyway.

If you guys have a consensus on what should happen I'd be willing to update
bugzilla with whatever you guys decide, just let me know :)
--
Thomas Zander