Tile engine

LukasT.dev@gmail.com lukast.dev at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 23:01:14 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 14 October 2009 19:42:19 Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Wednesday 14 October 2009, Dmitry Kazakov wrote:
> > > "The image compositing has been speed up by
> > > implementing hints to the tile structure.
> > > That way the render-engine knows for example
> > > if a row is totally transparent and can skip
> > > the calculation."
> >
> > Well, we do not have it as you described, we have extent() mechanism only
> >  to skip transparent pixels.
>
> extent() gives the area covered by allocated tiles, exactbounds() the area
> covered by non-transparent pixels.

Would be possible to add feature to iterators so that they would check how big
the rect actually is when accessing the data? Would that add too much
overhead?

The client usually can do that too but it complicates the design.
Eg. when I put pixels with sumi, I could check the QRect, but I would have to
change the method to paint anti-aliased pixels, e.g. for spray every
rasterizing method would have to be changed to compute the rect and I'm trying
to have rasterizing methods which could go to KisPainter so that I can reuse
them.