Tile engine

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 18:18:41 CEST 2009

> I would like to ask if we have tile row hinting?
> Described here http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gimp/tree/NEWS?h=gimp-1-2 as
>
> "The image compositing has been speed up by
> implementing hints to the tile structure.
> That way the render-engine knows for example
> if a row is totally transparent and can skip
> the calculation."

Well, we do not have it as you described, we have extent() mechanism only to
skip transparent pixels.

> Dimitry, do you know about any papers/articles describing the tile engine?

Which do you mean? General science articles? I can't remember any =( But i
shall take a look.

If you mean ones describing our engine, we could discuss it, and i could
write some if needed.

I was publishing some initial ideas to the mail-list and a blog. Some of
them have transformed a bit during implementation, but only a bit. =)
http://dimula73.blogspot.com/

--
Dmitry Kazakov