koffice/krita/image

Dmitry Kazakov dimula73 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 20:21:56 CET 2009

> > paintDevice stores selection of the mask instead of the result image. Is
> it
> > expected behavior?
> Yes, that is what gimp and photoshop show too. And with boudewijn we
> concluded
> that it is what makes most sense. If we want to show a preview of the
> applied
> result, we could show it in the tooltip.

Ok, thanks. I was a bit of confused because of copy-paste naming =)

Maybe:
s/originalDevice/selection

> > Could you explain why is thumbnail created from paintDevice() instead of
> > original()?
> Isn't the original of a mask null ? Because my first attempt was to use
> "original()" (actually moving the thumbnail code from KisLayer to
> KisBaseNode), since I expected the data of the mask to be in "original()",
> but
> I got a null "original()" for the transparency mask.

Sorry, i got remembered that KisMask does not inherit KisLayer too late to
write =)

For Boud:
Boud, could you revert this misleading part of r1030899 and move original()
and projection() back to KisLayer as pure virtual methods? I've been writing
to you about that already... original() and projection() is nothing for
masks so they shouldn't be present in KisNode and return bogus values...

--
Dmitry Kazakov