Color source for paintops

Boudewijn Rempt boud at valdyas.org
Mon Nov 23 08:09:19 CET 2009

On Sunday 22 November 2009, Cyrille Berger wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As discussed with Lukas on IRC last week, here is a patch that allow more
> flexibility on the color source used to colorize the dabs.
>
> It introduce a new base class KisColorSource, which abstract color sources.
> There are two types of color source, uniform color sources, where the color
>  is the same on the whole dab (but might be different at each stroke), and
>  those who can have different color for each pixel of the dab. And we want
>  to apply transformation to those color source (mostly color
>  transformation).
>
> This patch is an unfinished demonstration of the concept. It needs a bit of
> cleaning, and there are many things that are unimplemented. What it does:
>  it adds a mixing settings, and show how to apply a transformation
>  (currently only darken).
> The mixing settings allow to mix between foreground and background,
>  depending on the sensor input.

Looks like a good plan. I've got just one concern, and that is about the
actual application of the color. Will this be done before or during the dab
generation? I.e, will the color be applied to a mask (which can be easily
cached), or will it add complexity to the mask generation?

The other nitpick I have is s/transfo/transformation/ -- transfo is weird
abbreviation in English, I think.